Assistant Vice President Client Relations
Email Resume and Salary Requirements to:
Reporting Relationship: This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Operations.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Directs and coordinates activities of the Client Relations department and aids the Sr. Vice President of Operations in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and execute a sound, aggressive, and controlled program of business development and retention in support of executive management’s philosophies, policies, and goals to meet profit and growth objectives. Work in conjunction with business unit management and key staff to achieve such goals.
- In conjunction with business unit management, provide leadership within the department to develop and motivate personnel to provide excellent customer service and assistance in meeting departmental and company goals in business development. Systematically structure one's own work and workflow to provide for goal achievement, personal development, and corporate success.
- Contact existing customers to ensure that strong relationships between the customer and the company exist and that all needs are being met. Ensure that all cross-sell opportunities have been explored and are being provided. Work to obtain and give referrals from/to customers and other referral sources.
- Monitor existing client portfolios, ensuring that all the needs of the customer are being met, all required documentation related to proper account management is collected and evaluated, any payment or performance delinquency issues or adverse business relationship situations are addressed, and work with business unit management to ensure all matters are handled properly and expeditiously.
- Attend and/or represent the company included but not limited to any client meetings, change notifications, and/or any internal or external process change controls, form updates, product set up and/or new product implementation.
- Reviews and challenges internal processes ensuring alignment with company standards.
- Prepares timely and accurate documentation for internal and external audits, represents the company during external initiated audits, and proposes continuous improvements to processes and policies based on audit results.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; coordinating with the Senior Vice President Operations/CEO to enforce regulations; recommending new procedures; complying with legal requirements; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations, when applicable.
- Manages Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, and Emergency Response programs.
- Manages Data Analytics and Business Intelligence teams to produce exception reports; department/individual scorecards; weekly performance management reports; and establishes compliance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements for internal processes and procedures; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
· Establishes and tracks metrics that help correlate internal and external communication programs to organizational performance and engagement which includes RFP/RFI submittals. Coordination and communication with a cross sectional variety of departments including, but not limited to the CFO, CEO, President, and or Operational teams is required.
- Properly adhere to all of the company’s compliance policies and procedures as well as the customer agreements, scopes of work and relationship interaction guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Note: MBA preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Fluent with MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Visio or flow chart designer
- Platform systems (place order, track order, store completed work order results, contains client price, report writer/export function, invoice)
Preferred Qualifications: Ancillary skills that would be helpful to have but are not required:
- Broad knowledge of mortgage banking industry with particular emphasis on default management and default services, and spreading a top-notch sales/customer service culture within the office(s) assigned.
- Should possess a level of expertise that is usually acquired with five (5) or more years of customer relationship management, business development, and default service management or related experience.
- Satisfactory knowledge of accounting and finance principals including Profit and Loss and Budget Management
- Satisfactory knowledge of mortgage field services and expertise regarding GSE and HUD requirements as it relates to property inspection, preservation and repairs
- REO and rental property rehab, renovation and repair experience preferred.
- Good planning and analytical skills are required
- Develop a deep understanding of the technical and business challenges clients face, identify opportunities to increase sales of products and services that meet both the company and marketplace needs.
- Monitor and analyze competitive activities to assess any threat to important clients and to the Company.
- Create sales, business development and new customer on-boarding metrics and management reports.
- Develop new products and services to ensure the Company can take advantage of evolving market opportunities
- Work closely with customer-facing staffers to explain the needs of the client and motivate them to provide the highest standards of service.
- Ability to work autonomously in making sound business decisions and exercises appropriate level of authority commensurate with experience and responsibility.
- Ability to systematically structure departmental work to provide for effective task performance and coordinated efforts; to plan and prioritize items to meet future demands.
- Ability to build positive relationships throughout the Company and capable of establishing professional expertise through integrity, dedication, and strategic counsel.
- Ability to create, deliver and administer departmental policy and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Requires strong sales ability and demonstrated successful relationship and management skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all customer and employee information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel 30% or as the company requires.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Achieves successful external audits.
- Reviews company documented processes and challenges teams to implement cost savings and/or maximize quality standards.
- Submits comprehensive and timely requests for information and/or requests for proposals.
- Completes strategic quality assurance audits to ensure company performance standards are met or exceeded.
- Requests operational remediation plans as needed
- Performs analysis in an effort to hold company team members accountable to expected performance (or obtain remediation plans to attain expected outcomes) and escalating to management if desired outcomes are not reached.
- Analyze and identify company, industry and network trends giving appropriate synopsis to leadership.
AIM Your Way is an equal opportunity employer.